COVID Safe Update– March 2022
To our clients and families,
As always, the health and safety of our Optiform team, clients and the community are of paramount importance. Optiform continues to follow Victorian Government regulations regarding COVID safe practices.
While there has been easing of many restrictions in Victoria, Allied Health Clinics continue to follow the COVIDSafe Industry Guidelines:
Telehealth remains the preferred option when clinically appropriate
Staff to be fully vaccinated (including booster)
Masks are to be worn on the premises at all times – This requirement extends to clients, clinical staff and administrative staff
Optiform has resumed some in-person appointments for many of our clients, however it is important that we maintain our safety standards at all time to ensure that we can continue to provide therapy. Optiform’s COVIDSafe practices include the following:
- Where there is an elevated level of risk of transmission (e.g voice / upper airway clients), the preference will be to continue online appointments.
- Clinical staff will be wearing N95 masks
- Optiform staff will undertake regular Rapid Antigen Testing (twice weekly and when visiting high risk settings (nursing /disability homes)
- All clients over the age of 16 will have received a COVID19 vaccination (or show an exemption)
- All parents/carers or adults (over age 18 attending appointment must show proof of vaccination.
- Without this we are not able to admit you to the clinic, but can offer a Telehealth appointment instead
- All clients over the age of 12 will be required to wear N95 or P2 masks (self-sourced) due to the high-risk nature of the therapy.
- The Optiform waiting room will remain closed. Please continue to drop your child / meet your clinician at the front door of the building.
- Parents will not be permitted into clinic rooms unless previously arranged with the clinician.
- Only one parent/family member can be permitted into the clinic
- Although our administration team will now be in the clinic to assist you, you can continue to pay your account online. An invoice will be sent to you via email after your appointment.
In order to keep our staff, clients and community safe, we ask that you call our reception to reschedule or opt for a telehealth appointment when you:
- Have tested positive to COVID-19 or are awaiting a COVID test result
- Are isolating or a household contact to someone with COVID-19
- Are showing signs or symptoms of COVID or cold/flu including sore throat, runny nose, temperature, cough.
As per Government regulations, we welcome you back to Optiform 7 days after you have tested positive to COVID-19. Please do not attend your appointment if you are still unwell / displaying symptoms.
We look forward to seeing you at the clinic.
The Optiform Team
Further COVID-19 Information
Find information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, how to protect yourself and your family, where and when you can get vaccinated, and the current situation in Australia. Click here.