IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-SAFE SERVICE DELIVERY AT OPTIFORM
SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
Optiform would like to thank you for your continued support during the recent COVID-19 pandemic. As always, Optiform is committed to the delivery of safe, quality supports and services, and the careful management of risks associated with these supports.
We provide you with an update regarding service delivery at Optiform in response to the recent easing of restrictions. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we organise our clinical schedule in order to meet the needs of clients, staff and the ongoing restrictions. It is important to note that we continue to monitor local, state and federal guidelines, and due to the rapidly changing and uncertain nature of this pandemic, Optiform policies and procedures are subject to change at any time without notice.
The State government recently announced that allied health organisations in regional Victoria are now permitted to provide face-to-face services with a COVID-safe plan. We have introduced a series of measures to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff, both in our clinic and during external visits. However, significant ongoing restrictions will continue to impact our clinic practices in the following ways;
Telehealth and Clinic-based Service Delivery
- A large number of our appointments will remain online via Telehealth. Telehealth has proven to be an effective and convenient method of service delivery for many clients, and in many instances, telehealth services will continue.
- A small number of clients will return to face-to-face sessions; this has been carefully considered by the clinicians, management and families.
- Optiform has implemented a series of additional hygiene and physical distancing measures in order to ensure the health and safety of staff, clients and the community.
- We will send you a short health declaration to complete prior to coming to the clinic. This helps us assess the risks associated with providing therapy in-person on an individual basis. Where necessary, Optiform will call you to discuss the answers. If your answers to these questions change any time between completion and your appointment, please call us.
- If you, or anyone in your household is experiencing cold or flu symptoms, respiratory symptoms or symptoms associated with COVID-19, please opt for a Telehealth consult or delay your appointment until you’re feeling well. We cannot treat anyone who is unwell.
- Appointment start times will be staggered to prevent client overlap, and to minimise the number of people in the clinic at one time.
Clinic rooms will be thoroughly cleaned between sessions following strict cleaning guidelines.
- Only the individual receiving intervention will be admitted into the clinic. If a support person is required, this can be discussed with the therapist prior to the appointment.
- When you arrive, please wait in your car until your scheduled appointment time.
- There will be no “waiting room” facility until further notice.
- Parents/carers will be asked to deliver children to the front door of the clinic where your clinician will be waiting. Parents are then asked to wait in their car for the duration of the session. We have increased our car park facility at the rear of the building to assist in this process.
- The therapist will call when they are ready for you to collect your, or where appropriate, will accompany your child back to your car.
If it is essential that you enter the clinic, please use the touch-free hand sanitiser located on the wall in the entry to sanitise your hands. Your therapist will be doing the same.
- Please remember to maintain social distancing measures of 1.5M at all times.
Optiform is moving our payment system online permanently.
We now ask that you settle your account online.
Your invoices will be emailed at the completion of your session.
You have a number of simple options to pay your account:
- Payment link – this will be included on your invoice for seamless invoice processing
- BPay – a link will be included on your invoice
- For clients with Private Health Insurance, we will be able to process your rebate via a new system called Medipass which enables digital claiming for therapy. You will need to first create and activate your Medipass account. Please speak to our reception team for more information.
Optiform staff and clinicians
- Due to restrictions, our clinicians continue to provide a combination of online, remote, school, clinic and community based intervention .
Administration staff may not be present at the clinic.
- Please wait for direction from your clinician at the front entrance of the building. If you need to speak with someone, please call on the reception phone (03) 5334 4402. One of our administration staff will be there to answer your call.
- A reminder that all staff members have completed the Department of Health “Infection Control Training – COVID 19” Training, and all clinical team members have received the 2020 Influenza Vaccination.
- Be assured that Optiform staff members will not come to work if they are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, respiratory symptoms or symptoms associated with COVID-19. All Optiform staff complete a daily health declaration.
Please be assured that we are doing all that we can to protect the health and safety of our staff, our clients and the community. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you might have regarding the above information.
We look forward to our continued work together.
Meaghan and Andrew Sullivan and the team at Optiform