Our Behaviour Therapists provide specialised assessment where a person has complex or unclear needs, or where they need long term or intensive supports to address concerning behaviour.
Our therapists develop behaviour support plans that aim to reduce the likelihood of concerning behaviours happening or increasing.
These plans outline the specifically designed positive behavioural support strategies for a person, their family and support people, that will help stop or reduce concerning behaviours.
Our support services in this category include:
- specialist behaviour intervention supports
- training for carers and others in behaviour management strategies needed due the persons disability
- developing social skills to help a person take part in community and social activities.
Delivery of Behaviour Support via Telepractice (TelePBS)
TelePBS is the delivery of positive behaviour support via telepractice. Telepractice is the delivery of services at a distance. Services can be delivered by face to face videoconferencing, audio videoconferencing, chat box videoconferencing, telephone, text messaging, emailing or a combination of these. Click here for further information about TelePBS .
- What is TelePBS? (Easy read participant guide)
- TelePBS – Is it right for me and/or my child? (A participants’ guide)