What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is designed to produce major benefits for people with disability, their families and the broader community. The NDIS gives all Australians peace of mind that if their child or loved one is born with or acquires a permanent and significant disability they will get the support they need. The NDIS supports people with disability to build skills and capability so they can participate in the community and employment.
To find out more about the NDIS and assess your eligibility visit the NDIS website.
Our NDIS Services
As a registered provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Optiform supports people living with permanent and significant disabilities, and their families, to achieve their goals under their NDIS plan.
Optiform has been a registered provider with NDIS since 2017. During this time, we have been actively involved in supporting participants to fulfil their plans , achieve their goals and to access services they need to live an everyday life. Our therapists strive to see the positive impact on the lives of people with disabilities as they have greater input into directing their own therapy and support.
We are currently registered to provide therapeutic supports through Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology and Behavioural Therapy.
Our aim is to help achieve highly personalized and meaningful outcomes by assisting people of all ages and stages in areas including:
- early intervention for preschool children
- assistive environmental modifications
- developing communication and social skills
- managing challenging behaviours
- working and studying with a disability
- living independently
- managing your essential daily activities
- developing positive relationships
Our NDIS registration covers the following Core Support areas:
- Early Childhood Supports
- Assistive Equip – Recreation
- Improved Daily Living – Therapeutic Supports
Before we commence working together we will provide you with an easy to read written agreement. Known as a “Service Agreement” this important document explains how we’ll work together and includes what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
Some of the areas covered in our Service Agreements include:
- The supports and services we will provide, including the number of hours that will be provided
- How we will collect, preserve and share your personal information
- How to change or cancel an appointment
- The process to end or change the agreement
- How we can manage complaints and disputes
Independence and Informed Choice
Optiform will support all Participants with whom we work to make informed choices, exercise control and maximise independence relating to the Supports received from Optiform.
This will be achieved by:
- including each Participant in decision making and goal setting;
- providing information using language, modes of communication and terms that can be understood by the participant;
- Discussing the benefits and risks of Supports offered by Optiform;
- Respecting the Participant’s autonomy;
- Providing the Participant with time to consider and review their options and seek advice if required; and
- Accommodating the engagement of an advocate of the Participant’s choice.
How to make a Complaint
Optiform recognises that clients and their carers/ families have a right to provide feedback to our staff and management, and to raise suggestions or complaints. Whilst we strive to do our best to provide quality supports and services to people with disability, issues can occur. If you have a concern about your current NDIS supports or services, it is important that you talk about it.
If we are unable to resolve your concern or complaint, then you should seek further support.
If you want to report your complaint to the NDIS you can:
- Call 1800 035 544
- Visit your local NDIS office
- Visit the NDIS Commission website and complete an NDIS Complaint Contact Form